Enhancing care across the health economy
Enhancing care across the health economy
Whether you are a clinician, administrator or manager, high patient expectations, financial constraints and the need to increase productivity and efficiency whilst delivering optimum patient outcomes present everincreasing challenges in the pursuit of high quality care. Meanwhile, legacy infrastructure, inadequate workflows, inaccessible data and security concerns simply add to the pressure and deprive you of the vital systems and information you need to do your job.
What if there was an effective, yet affordable way to remove all that pain and make you more agile? One that preserved the value in your existing systems? Well now there is – and it is called CGI e-CareLogic.
CGI e-CareLogic’s design simplifies integration with existing systems. Our library of reusable techniques and interfaces can also handle systems that sit outside NHS interoperability standards. So, whether it’s HL7 or any other standard, CGI’s integration skills and vast experience will find a solution. This includes flows both to and from primary and community care systems as well as interfaces and desktop integration within hospital systems.
In addition, CGI e-CareLogic:
- Helps in scheduling and follow-up by enabling hospitals to send SMS reminders, thereby reducing unattended appointments. Patients simply request a message on their mobile phone to remind them of their appointment.
- Supports 18-week referral to treatment reporting. By recording administrative and clinical events with status changes, key staff members receive notifications if any delays are likely. Moreover, pathways and work flows are monitored by exception, saving manpower in tracking every case.
- Consolidates reporting across a hospital, trust or whole health economy. Refreshed every few seconds, it provides a proactive means to improve daily operational delivery with respect to bed capacity, A&E throughput, infection control, discharge processes, and much more. Periodic statistics on activity and performance can also be exported for research and formal reporting.
- Allows hospitals, authorised GPs and community staff to securely access patient details – a massive benefit particularly in long-term chronic care.
- Helps to manage and support key work flows including ward handover, multidisciplinary team meetings, infection tracking, ward rounds, clinical lists and A&E throughput.
In short, CGI e-CareLogic delivers seamless benefits to trusts, clinicians and patients alike, thereby supporting the many and varied business needs of any NHS organisation, including:
- Freeing up time to spend with patients
- Reducing time spent searching for information
- Releasing cash savings thanks to fewer repeat investigations and reduced DNA tests etc.
- Improving patient outcomes and safety
- Preventing delayed discharge
- Enhancing patient confidence
- Improving patient satisfaction and experience
- Improving planning, intelligence and agility, including real time reporting
- Improving information for SUS, Operation Framework, CQUN for example
- Improving integration and inter-operability
- Improving data quality, re-use of trust data and extending existing systems
- Providing mobile capability
- Supporting the management of patient pathways across care settings
- Reducing the ongoing costs of supporting a wide range of standalone systems
- Providing operational support for the management of hospital capacity and throughput
- Preventing infection outbreaks through infection tracking
- Improving targetting of those patients that require the most attention
- Supporting the clinical handover of patients between teams
- Improving communication with key stakeholders
- Helping to engage patients with their care through access and updates to care records through patient portals
CGI e-CareLogic provides a classic example of how CGI’s systems integration skills and healthcare expertise combine to help organisations large and small improve patient treatment, whilst retaining the value in their existing systems and making IT deployment much simpler.