An enthusiastic and proactive Desktop Support Engineer, based at a client site in Portsmouth, to provide 2nd line end-user support to a user base of around 120 users.
As the sole Desktop Support Engineer onsite in Portsmouth, you will act as the site point of contact to the central Service Desk team, based in Stevenage.
You will be driven and self-motivated with the ability to work independently with limited supervision. You will have the initiative and ability to take ownership of site specific projects and see them through to completion. You will be reliable and responsible and be able to self-manage your work load by priority.
You will also be responsible for supporting an additional 140 users at a second site in Oakhanger (Hampshire). The majority of this support can be handled remotely from Portsmouth, although there will be a regular requirement to travel to site. In addition, occasional visits to our central Service Desk at our client site in Stevenage (Hertfordshire) will also be required.
SC clearance, or the ability to become SC cleared, is an essential requisite for this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Logging and responding to tickets in the Remedy IT Service Management system
• Participating in the Service Desk Mailbox Rota
• Configuration, deployment and support of end user hardware (laptops, desktops, Blackberry handsets printers etc)
• Creation and management of new users accounts
• Deployment of software applications to client machines
• Maintenance and creation of technical documentation as required
• Managing the sites backup regime
• Maintaining site inventory equipment and asset registry
• Network patching and hardware moves
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Previous experience in a support / Service Desk environment
• Windows 7 / Windows 10 support
• Understanding of Active Directory administration
• Microsoft Office 2010 (strong knowledge of Outlook 2010 preferred)
• Familiarity with Remedy (or similar) IT Service Management system
• Smart and professional with strong customer focus
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, especially with VIP users
• Good time keeping and time management skills
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.