Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
COVID-19 UPDATE: Now, more than ever we are ensuring the continuity of critical services that matter and we are still recruiting during these challenging times. However, in some instances we will expect to see the recruitment process lengthened, with interviewing and hiring taking place at a later date. Please be assured that if you apply for a role, your interest will be registered and we will be in touch soon to discuss your application further.
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
We’re expanding our team of Open Source Software Engineers, at all levels of career experience and would consider graduates with a science related degree (including practical computer programming experience) through to skilled software integration and DevOps professionals.
If you have a solid Linux foundation and an enthusiasm for technology, we’d love you to join us. We develop, build, and run a cutting edge Big Data platform for a meaningful and strategic client. We’re heavy on automation, have great software engineering hardware, a mix of physical and virtual platforms and take on steep learning curves. We’re delivering to our customer faster than they’ve experienced before. We’re motivated to improve the state of the art, for our customer, and for other engineers or consumers working on similar systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The team’s focus is a shared ownership and drive to achieve the customer’s goals. We aim for everyone to be involved in software integration, testing, deployment and operations. We all have direct contact with our customer on a daily basis.
The team can ask questions directly to ensure they build what is really needed. Each of us takes ownership of a customer ‘story’ from beginning to end. If you are interested in technology integration (as opposed to developing from the ground up), rapid prototyping, regular demonstration of completed work, creating sustainable systems, and thinking ahead but not overcomplicating for today, this will suit you.
Being a part of a team which is jointly responsible for designing, integrating, building, testing, maintenance and on-going operations of the production platform.
Specifically you would be involved tasks such as the following,
• GNU/Linux software customisation, configuration and integration
• Hadoop customisation and API integration and its configuration with Ansible and Ambari
• Implementation of bespoke NiFi processors using Java and integration with commercial security software
• Ansible deployment automation of software, upgrades and Linux configuration
• Robot Framework and Selenium based test automation for post-build and post-deploy health checks
• Bug and technical debt triage, trouble shooting and resolution
• Production environment change back-porting to our Git repository
• Enhancement of our Bamboo based build and continuous integration processes
• System performance analysis and improvement of multiple, high spec large clusters
• Third line support of production environments with our system administrators
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Review, elaboration and accurate estimation of new requirements with our Product Owner
• Estimation and commitment, as a team, to deliver tested work every 2 weeks
• Development of work following strict ways of working, standards and levels of quality
• Regular presentation of progress and completed work to the team and the customer
• Stay up to date by following industry developments and be active in the Open Source community
• A drive to meet your personal objectives which are aligned to the business plan for the financial year
• Investment in your own skills development with support from the team and wider organisation
• Demonstrable experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
• Familiarity with the following core tools: git, ssh, Unix command line, browsers, Bash
• Linux as a deployment platform and day to day development environment – E.g. Can describe package management, networking configuration, log files, environment variables
• Deep Linux experience – E.g. Can describe SELinux, chroot, ssh tunnelling, differences between Linux distributions
• Knowledge of starting from scratch, and building on top of existing systems
• Web development and awareness of vulnerabilities and how to defend against them
• Test driven development and Automated testing of web applications
• Networking familiarity – e.g., can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP
• Hadoop or distributed computation
• Automating software deployment
• Network engineering including switches, taps and firewalls and pcap analysis
• Awareness of system and network security principles such as system hardening, log analysis or IDS/IPS
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
Business is transforming fast and, at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Please note; in some instances we will expect to see the recruitment process lengthened, with interviewing and hiring taking place at a later date. Please be assured that if you apply for this role, your interest will be registered and we will be in touch soon to discuss your application further.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.