CGI is a leading provider of ground segment software for the world’s most advanced telecommunications satellites. In the era of 5G, satellites will increasingly be integrated into terrestrial networks to provide widespread wireless communications coverage and exciting new applications. We are looking for a software architect to lead a range of initiatives to develop cutting edge solutions for customers in the space and telecommunications industries. This is an opportunity to get involved in developing the next generation of the world’s communications networks using technologies like software defined networks and predictive analytics driven by AI.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Lead Software Architect is responsible for defining the system architecture, working with the development team to deliver the overall solution whilst managing the technical baseline and risks.
As well as developing the overall architecture the Lead Software Architect will also write high level documentation and implement more complex aspects of the design to a high standard. They will also support the team to deliver on time and budget
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- At least 5 years of recent Java development experience
- Maths, Physics, Computer Science or similar degree
- Experience in producing high level architectures and Technical Specifications
- Experience of writing detailed designs based on high level architectures
- Experience of the development and testing lifecycle
- Experience of developing to stringent standards (Space, Defence standards etc)
- Commercial Satcoms or Networking experience
- Knowledge of continuous integration/deployment, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking or Network Orchestration
- Experience of robustly integrating COTS/FOSS products into a solution.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.