Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance
Your future duties and responsibilities
If you are interested in technology integration (as opposed to developing from the ground up), rapid prototyping, regular demonstration of completed work, creating sustainable systems, and thinking ahead but not over complicating for today, this role will suit you.
Specifically you would be involved iN tasks such as the following:
- GNU/Linux software customisation, configuration and integration
- Hadoop customisation and API integration and its configuration with Ansible and Ambari
- Implementation of bespoke NiFi processors using Java and integration with commercial
- Ansible deployment automation of software, upgrades and Linux configuration
- Robot Framework and Selenium based test automation for post-build and post-deploy health
- Bug and technical debt triage, trouble shooting and resolution
- Production environment change back-porting to our Git repository
- Enhancement of our Bamboo based build and continuous integration processes
- System performance analysis and improvement of multiple, high spec large clusters
- Third line support of production environments with our system administrators
- Review, elaboration and accurate estimation of new requirements with our Product Owner
- Estimation and commitment, as a team, to deliver tested work every 2 weeks
- Development of work following strict ways of working, standards and levels of quality
- Regular presentation of progress and completed work to the team and the customer
- Stay up to date by following industry developments and be active in the Open Source
- A drive to meet your personal objectives which are aligned to the business plan for the
- Investment in your own skills development with support from the team and wider
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
We’re expanding our team of Open Source Integration Engineers, at all levels of career experience and would consider graduates with a science related degree (including practical computer programming experience) through to skilled software integration and DevOps professionals.
You will need to show:
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Familiarity with the following core tools: git, ssh, Unix command line, browsers, Bash
And it will be desirable for you to have:
- Deep Linux experience – e.g., can describe SELinux, chroot, ssh tunnelling, differences
between Linux distributions
- Linux experience as a deployment platform and day to day development environment – e.g.,
can describe package management, networking configuration, log files, environment
- Experience of “starting from scratch" and building on top of existing systems
- Web development and awareness of vulnerabilities and how to defend against them
- Experience of test driven development and automated testing of web applications
- Networking familiarity – e.g., can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP
- Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation
- Experience of automating software deployment
- Experience of network engineering including switches, taps and firewalls and pcap analysis
- Awareness of system and network security principles such as system hardening, log analysis
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.