Build your career with us.
We are expanding and we're looking for talented individuals to help us meet growing demand from our clients. We have clients across multiple industries in both the private and public sectors, and our work varying across multi-year digital transformation projects.
What are we looking for from you? You will be someone who already makes a difference, and we will give you the freedom and responsibility to continue doing so. You'll want to use the latest technology and standards, and to take ownership of your work. You will become part of a fast-growing, pioneering working environment as we continue to grow our business over the coming months and years.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Familiar with Business Analysis Techniques and two or more other capabilities, and aware of four or more other capabilities:
• Business Analysis Techniques. Techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation and identifying and evaluating solutions to business problems. Examples: functional business models, statistical process control, relational data modelling, use cases, acceptance tests.
• Business Analysis Techniques for Agile. Techniques and standards intended to facilitate business analysis within an agile development of systems and applications. Examples: developing user stories, scoping and prioritising the backlog, defining business-facing tests and ‘definition of done’.
• Business Applications. The application of automated systems to the support of specific business functions or processes. Examples: enterprise resource planning, sales forecasting, airline reservations, case management.
• Business Domain Knowledge. The functional structure of businesses and other organisations; their mission, objectives, strategies and critical success factors. Knowledge of organisational culture.
• Business Operations. The activities, structure, and position in the organisation of the functions or departments for which services are provided. Examples: sales, engineering, marketing, production.
• Business Process Modelling. Techniques for modelled, understanding and streamlining business processes. Examples: swimlane diagrams, error-proofing, value added assessment, process cycle time reduction.
• Data Modelling Tools and techniques (manual or automated) which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation. Examples: information usage model, entity model, class diagram, relational data model, data flow model and tools such as Casewise
• Document Writing. Methods and techniques for writing effective reports and specifications.
• Industry Standards. Specific standards associated with the current role. Examples: health and safety standards, programming and accessibility standards, service desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes, ITIL, eTOM, TickIT, CMMI, ISO 27000 (Information Security Management Systems), GSDM.
• Information Capture Techniques The selection and application of appropriate information gathering methods, tools and techniques. Examples: contextual enquiries, focus groups, structured interviews, questionnaires, observation, statistical analysis and workshops.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Part of BCS ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
• BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering Part of BCS ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
• IIBA CBAP Certification Ideally take two or three of the nine short e-courses (about 2 or 3 hours each)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.