If you have a creative understanding of what motivates business success and a talent for unlocking problems and modelling innovative solutions, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work on cutting-edge commercial projects, specifically within CGI’s Life Sciences business area. Our work has a wide reach, helping
make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Now, more than ever we are ensuring the continuity of critical services that matter and we are still recruiting during these challenging times. As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Business Analyst within our Life Sciences team you will support a global R&D IT strategic program to provide local business analysis expertise. You will drive requirements gathering and solutioning for a number of IT initiatives.
You will have a number of other customer facing activities including:
• Identifying and documenting current state business processes
• Visioning and documenting future state business processes
• Capturing and analysing benchmarking data for efficiency
• Eliciting and documenting business requirements
• Analysing and validating business requirements
• Translating business requirements into solution requirements
• Assisting business clients with developing new business processes or modifying existing business processes (during implementation, may help develop communication material; define supporting procedures and standards; document training materials; assist in the immediate training effort; etc.).
You will also consistently deliver on the following internal activities while fostering a collaborative environment:
• Maintaining and managing personal tasks in a management tool such as JIRA
• Maintaining and managing requirements within a requirements management tool
• Performing with or assisting other functions including vendor coordination, planning, project management, release management and change management as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned
• Developing the right skills to meet the future needs of the organisation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will have demonstrable as Senior Business Analyst directly for a Pharmaceutical or Biotech Research business or within an IT consultancy in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech sector.
You will be adept at observing and benchmarking operational data, and at identifying pain points in a user’s experience. You must also be comfortable and adept at interacting directly with end customers on an ongoing basis and managing their expectations. The ideal person will have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with the business, IT, and program leadership.
You must have the ability to analyse, articulate and solve problems as well as being able to learn quickly, move with agility between assignments multi-task, and to work effectively in a team environment, both face-to-face and remotely.
A degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline would be highly desirable but is not essential
The nature of this role will see you working on client sites in Cambridge at least 3 days per week, so a flexible attitude towards travel is essential.
Please note; in some instances, we will expect to see the recruitment process lengthened, with interviewing and hiring taking place at a later date. Please be assured that if you apply for this role, your interest will be registered and we will be in touch soon to discuss your application further
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.