These are exciting times for CGI. It’s a great time to join the team – we are changing the way we look, behave, and do business. As a result we're looking for a talented Release Train Engineer in London who can help deliver these new and innovative projects.
What are we looking for from you? You will be someone who already makes a difference – we will give you the freedom and responsibility to do so even more. You will already know how to help scaled Agile teams deliver great services, and you will help shape our culture. And of course, you will be part of a fast-growing, pioneering working environment as we expand our capability to meet the increasing demand from our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE) at CGI, you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive programme-level continuous improvement. You are responsible for facilitating programme-level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with all teams across the organization.
You will be responsible for leading, coaching and motivating scaled Agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with programme standards. You will be responsible for delivering continuous improvement using SAFe methods in a fast-paced environment.
In performing the role, you will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience of SAFe tools and techniques to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects, with the appropriate level of planning and providing the right balance of Agility, predictability and pragmatism.
In addition to your prior experience as an RTE, your background will include having served as a senior Scrum Master or Agile coach in multiple successful SAFe projects which will ensure that you are capable of leading continuous improvement and quality, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via multi-disciplinary, highly skilled teams. You will help define delivery needs and enable resource to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• SAFe Program Consultant – (RTE certification highly desirable – SPC4 or SPCT with experience in launching at least 2-3 Agile Release Trains).
• Strong experience working with multiple clients establishing Release Trains, mentoring Portfolio, program and product teams.
• Understands how to work in a bimodal and distributed environment using SAFe.
• Experience working in scaled Agile environment as RTE or Product Manager with a multiple teams.
• Experience leading Agile teams as Scrum Master or Product Owner
• Strong solution orientation with high business focus and innovation mindset
• Strong and demonstrable facilitation skills and experience
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
• Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details to make things happen
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
• Exposure to the following technologies an RTE, Scrum Master or Product Owner
• Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
• SQL and NoSQL based solutions
• Cloud deployments, containers, and continuous integration
• SOAP and RESTful services.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.