Be part of something exciting and challenging and join CGI as a Senior Service Delivery on a key Financial Services Client account. The Banking and Financial Services Business Unit within CGI are working with a number of the top financial institutions and banks in the UK. We are helping to deliver a broad range of digital IT and business strategies, services and solutions. We are looking for a Senior Service Delivery Manager with a strong consultancy background and excellent experience of stakeholder and client management. The role will be based in Milton Keynes with occasional travel to other CGI UK offices and occasional European travel.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Service Delivery Manager your responsibilities can be broken down into 4 key categories; Delivery, Financial Management, Team management and Business Development.
• Lead the AMS (application, database & middleware and release management) delivery in order to deliver the contracted services for the client engagement as per agreed SLAs.
• Act as primary escalation point for AMS deliverables and accountable for day to day service delivery.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships, participate in client meetings and service and release reviews to ensure client satisfaction.
• Initiates regular reviews within operational teams and subcontractors in order to maintain a clear understanding of the client’s needs, and provides day to day client advice and support.
• Actively owns and mange service risks and issues related to AMS services.
• Assist in meeting our legal and regulatory responsibilities, and comply with all Company policies, processes and procedures.
• Audit the quality and process adherence of the delivery team(s).
• Regular contributor and innovator to the continual improvement of service delivery standards and practices for the customer contract and community.
• Identifying, tracking and managing risk, and implementing remedial activities and plans to ensure SLAs continue to be met.
• Manage and control service costs for AMS by continually improving cost effectiveness to meet the financial objectives and planned target margins are achieved.
• Review run cost quotes and ensure services can be delivered as per client requirements and within agreed costs.
• Review and maintain work orders to ensure the contract changes and additions are commercially sound and consistent.
• Designing and implementing extensive/long-term service improvements to deliver cost savings/margin improvements.
• Setting and tracking completion of work instructions with appropriate delegation.
• Providing on-going performance feedback for team, and ensuring that their team leaders do the same.
• Coaching and mentoring team to maximize personal and project performance.
• Managing non-compliance and non-performance of team members
• Identify and recruit the delivery resources needed to undertake AMS service delivery
• Ensure that all delivery teams are following the processes and delivering as per the agreed terms of references.
• Be responsible for ensuring delivery KPI’s are met by India offshore and DBA teams.
• Develop strong relationships and work collaboration with onsite team and offshore teams.
• Ensure effective resource planning and forecast is available.
• Participate in business development initiatives and encourage ideas from the delivery teams.
• Promotes our capabilities to clients, identifies sales opportunities to be forwarded to the sales and client delivery leader.
• Securing significant service extensions, gaining agreement and implementing successfully.
• Taking a pro-active role in negotiations to extend the scope of services and securing contract renewal or extension.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
It is essential that you will be a Service Delivery Manager with previous experience of working within a consultancy. You will have the ability to look at the bigger picture view, thinking holistically and be able to manage the interests of both the client and of CGI.
Ideally you will come from a Software background and will have a good understanding of Applications and the Full Development Lifecycle. It’s essential you have strong communication skills, and have the ability to manage a number of team leaders, without getting bogged down in the details.
Experience of working within the financial sector would be a nice to have but is not essential.
There is occasional travel involved in the role, so you must have a flexible attitude towards travel.
- Release Management
- Resource Mgmt & Operations
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.