If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. We are looking for an Application Support Analyst to come and join CGI (a Top Employer in the UK) to work within a highly skilled equity trading team for one of CGI’s major clients.
When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As part of the Application Support team you will be the first point of contact for any trading platform production issues, as well as being responsible for the ongoing platform maintenance and ultimate data retention and decommission of the platforms at end of life.
• You will be required to investigate and resolve user and system generated issues across all the current Production systems in a timely manner, both for local and global users.
• As part of a DevOps function, you will also be expected to complete work required to maintain the platform, including configuration and code releases in association with other functions.
• You will support the Global Equity Trading applications, incident, Problem and Change Management, Continual Service Management, Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing.
• You will be responsible for the implementation of the roadmap, risk and control and regulatory functionality, including development, testing and deployment as well as application decommission tasks, including business data transfer to archive systems.
• There is often a great deal of urgency associated with resolving incidents therefore you will need to be able to prioritise proactively when resource conflicts arise.
• The role may require some additional on-call support could be required on a rota basis both during the week and at weekends.
• Once back to some normality this role will be in Canary Wharf – London.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• You will have an inquisitive problem solving approach
• As platform support, we need someone with previous experience of investigating application-related systems and user requests, and resolving or coordinating the resolution of issues.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to liaise with both Business and IT users in a clear manner and must have strong communication and problem ownership skills.
• You will have the temperament to work under pressure in a fast moving production environment and will be confident in dealing with senior members of front office, other business functions and IT management.
• You must have the ability to have efficient communication with traders, therefore, it is highly desirable that you will have worked in an equities/derivatives environment and therefore have a strong understanding of business language and business workflows.
• You will have worked with all facets of Infrastructure, Vendor, Development and External teams on issues requiring deeper investigation, coordinating resolution and provide feedback to users.
• As a minimum you must have had experience of a similar role within the financial services sector.
• Experience of MIS and workflow tools such as JIRA and ServiceNow to track and demonstrate the overall quality of services is also highly desirable.
• For the maintenance of the platform the following experience is required:
o Experience of managing and maintaining apps running on Unix based platforms and Oracle / Sybase databases.
o Strong Unix skills including scripting and server management.
o Java, C & C++ code maintenance, along with SQL and stored processes.
o Experience of using Dev Ops tools and automation of backend server tasks (desirable)
o Managing, deploying and supporting releases
o Strong analytical and technical background with good problem solving skills.
o Good understanding of SDLC and Agile.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.