Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Locations: Corsham, Reading & Gloucester
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for Data Scientists who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level, senior and lead Data Scientists, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Our teams focus on shared ownership of common goals. We aim for everyone to be involved in development activities including testing and operations.
You will have a blend of experience covering data science as well as general software engineering.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Analysis of structured and unstructured datasets
• Statistical modelling
• Quantitative analysis
• Data visualisation
• Ensuring development outputs are suitably integrated into release modules
• The support of the release-to-service process including security and accreditation processes.
• Providing Technical advice and expertise on designs, solutions, tools, techniques and standards
• Troubleshooting, investigations and incident resolution
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Big data skills such as Hadoop, Pig and Hive
• Application programming in languages such as Java, C / C++, Python and SQL
• Cluster technologies, including Hadoop and Hortonworks Data Platform
• Apache products (NiFi, Kafka and Zeppelin also desirable)
• Red Hat Linux
• Knowledge and experience of working with systems in the AS Domain
• Demonstrated ability to understand high level technical concepts and communicate issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
• Big Data technologies including Apache Spark and Accumulo
• Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
• Experience of working in a Service Delivery Environment
• Knowledge of providing technical advice and expertise on designs, solutions, tools, techniques and standards
• Hands on development of real world solutions
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.