Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for Risk Assurance and Software Safety specialists at various levels who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level and Senior Assurance and Software Safety Specialists, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Our Safety team is growing rapidly and has a need for Software Safety Engineers to assist with safety-related bids and projects across the business. In some areas this requires engineering expertise (involvement in the overall safety design solution and safety analysis of software systems) and a strong emphasis on process (ensuring that safety procedures are followed during software development). In others, it relies on managing safety-related issues (LSL4) and working to SIL2 development standards.
Our Assurance Team aims to provide the optimum level of Product Assurance support, safety and compliance to software standards on both projects and programmes. This provides assurance and evidence that the development and maintenance teams maintain an orderly and disciplined approach to their work.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• To support the implementation and administration of the Product Assurance programmes
• To continually enhance the Product Assurance processes, in-line with the applicable requirements and standards
• To interface with the client and then implement new Product Assurance processes, in-line with new or changed requirements and standards
• To support the goals of on-time and on-budget project delivery according to formal milestones
• To ensure that the PA activities are planned, documented and controlled in such a manner that all contractual requirements are satisfied in an appropriate and cost-effective manner
• Compliance with the Project Safety Plan
• Preparation of system safety cases
• Conducting safety analysis of IT systems
• Internal justification of the safety position
• Maintenance of the existing Safety Case Reports and Hazard Logs
• Ongoing development and enhancement of the client safety documentation set
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Background in safety engineering / assurance, a broad background in software engineering, SQEP (or be able to acquire) suitable safety qualifications
• Broad understanding of software development lifecycle from specification and design through to implementation, testing and assurance activities
• Strong stakeholder management
• Knowledge of hardware and software deployment
• Attention to detail for documentation reviews
• Experience of working in a secure project environment working to high standards
• An appreciation of client expectation, in order to pro-actively support projects with assurance requirements
• An eye for the detail with experience of working to precise procedures following a methodical approach
Additional objectives include:
• Experience of engineering development (including software) and ability to understand software and hardware failure modes, causes and effects
• Awareness of the implications of compliance to formal safety requirements and standards (e.g. IEC 61508, DO-178B or DefStan 00-56)
• Familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques, assurance/integrity levels, safety cases and have implemented safety in IT systems, either through educational curriculum, design experience or in a safety engineer role
• Understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications
• Experience of managing Product Assurance, Quality or Delivery of subcontractors
• Working on safety-related projects
• Any previous knowledge of Galileo, ESA, DO-178 and/or Software Assurance Standards
• An appreciation of the development and verification complexities and activities for European Space Agency (ESA) or High Integrity projects
• Defence projects and MoD processes for safety management
• Knowledge of Goal Seeking Notation (GSN)
• Use of ASCE product
• Familiarity with DEFSTAN 00-55 and 00-56
• Knowledge of handling classified material
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.