Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We are looking to expand our DevOps Team providing an operational data platform for a key client within our Defence and Intelligence portfolio. The role offers fantastic opportunities to gain experience and technical expertise across a wide range of leading edge and bespoke technologies within a high-tempo operational environment. Team members must be pro-active, dependable and able to take ownership of tasks.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Incident response to ensure availability of operational services
• Pro-actively maintain and improve the performance of the platform and hosted applications
• Deployment, configuration and testing of software onto the platform
• Identification of improvements and resolution of performance anomalies and system issues
• Carry out routine system administrative tasks such as patching
• Production of Design documents, including Requests for Change (RFC) and Work Instructions (WI)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 12 months minimum experience as a Linux and/or Windows System Administrator
• Familiarity with the core tools such as the ATLASSIAN suite, SSH, CMD or Powershell
• Able to write scripts using Python, Bash, DOS or powershell
• Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
• Networking familiarity – e.g. can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP etc.
• A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
• Scripting - SQL, Python, Bash, DOS, Powershell
• Databases - Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
• Working knowledge of Hadoop or distributed computation
• Working knowledge of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible)
• Working knowledge of security protocols such as PKI, TLS etc.
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.