Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Lead User Experience / User Interface Developer ( UI / UX )
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
In a world of increasing digital connectivity, innovation and cyber-attacks CGI Defence and Intelligence protects the UK. We work with UK Government and Industry to secure the UK’s IT systems and increase UK prosperity.
Our people are essential to delivering our mission and to our growth and success. We want the best people to join us, to help us grow and protect the prosperity of the UK. We value our people and provide a supportive and guided environment in which to build your career.
We are growing our software engineering teams, with greater focus on user experience to build engaging and effective user interfaces to aid our Space, Defence & Intelligence clients on their Digital Transformation journeys.
We’re looking for an exceptional and experienced UI/UX Developer to lead our local practice in web design and development.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Defining and promoting best practice for UX tools, techniques and training
• Inspiring and mentoring budding UX designers and developers
• Inspiring our clients to come to CGI for UX design and development
• Growing our UX design and development team
• Delivering designs to meet our client’s requirements using contemporary design methodologies (such as UCD or Design Thinking).
• Running workshops and being hands-on in bringing ideas to life through wireframes and prototypes.
• Building effective and engaging web applications using contemporary frameworks such as Node.JS, Angular and React.
• Utilising Agile and DevOps practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Track record in leading client engagements through the UX design process as part of an Agile application development team
• Contributed to successful Agile teams and the delivery of their goals
• Practical knoeledge of delivering UX designs
• Requirements Analysis (Business analysis skills)
• Stakeholder management with great communication skills, able to inspire confidence in clients and your teams
• Created and contributed to design standards and re-usable libraries
• Understanding of different design trends, methodologies and key concerns (e.g. accessibility)
• Highly motivated to solve problems, build effective teams and continue developing
• Track record in building responsive web and mobile app design
• Software engineering background
• Agile SCRUM master
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Ability to coordinate test strategy and direct Test Analysts
• Web Analytics
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.