Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do and you are a talented passionate Automation Tester, then apply today to join our test services teams in Edinburgh or Glasgow. CGI Testing services are partnering with some of the newest and most exciting next generation tools and growing into new and exciting markets. The market for automation is changing and we understand that cost of ownership is a critical factor in decision making and our clients are increasingly demanding Automation Testing services on their programmes. You’ll play a pivotal part in helping us grow this capability by joining our experienced team.
In terms of progression we would expect that you will be looking to progress to a Test Automation Architect and we will support your career development towards this.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Implement the test tool strategy and provide guidance on the use of test tools to the team.
• Liaise with our Clients to ensure that tests can be executed and test logs are reviewed
• Implement the test tool strategy and provide guidance on the use of tools to the team.
• Ensure a standardised repeatable approach is taken for the applications being tested.
• Help manage the test team, scheduling and allocating tasks so they work effectively.
• Assist the team with technical mentoring as well as supporting junior members.
• Chair and provide a significant contribution to Test Readiness Reviews.
• Ensure a suitable succession plan is in place when moving to any new role/project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Python / C# / Java experience coupled with a good appreciation of test automation using Selenium/Cucumber, Unified Functional Tester etc.
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to define and implement new automation frameworks.
• Passionate about code quality and an advocate of clean code principles.
• Ability to interact both internally with the team and externally to our clients.
• A confident communicator that is able to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
• Ideally you will hold at least ISTQB Certification (Foundation) Level.
• ITIL foundation level, and ISTQB Certification (BCS Intermediate) Level (desirable).
- Testing Environments
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.