If you think you have the talent to break the systems we make, join us and share a little of your tough love to keep us robust and help strengthen the UK’s digital revolution. From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee.
Join us as a Senior QA/Automation Tester and become part of our story here at CGI in Scotland. In this role, you will lead the development of QA/Automation Testing and grow this capability in Scotland. The role will ideally be based in Glasgow, Edinburgh or the Borders with some travel to other offices as required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• This role is a hands-on business critical role and you’ll be working in client organisations helping them on the QA/Automation journey.
• Developing/maintaining a high level of expertise within QA/Automation, including the setup of Automation Frameworks
• Implementing the test tool strategy and provide guidance on the use of test tools to teams; ensuring a standardised repeatable approach is taken for the applications being tested
• Assist the team with technical mentoring as well as supporting junior members;
• Apply TDD, BDD, ATDD Scrum and other Agile practices; contribute towards building and executing opportunities/propositions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• You should be highly passionate about QA/Automation Testing.
• You will need to have clear demonstrable experience, knowledge and understanding of all aspects of QA/Automation Testing within modern software/applications development especially with respect to Agile Development methodology and Automation testing.
• Demonstrate Python / C# / Java experience coupled with a good appreciation of test automation using Selenium/Cucumber, Unified Functional Tester etc.
• Ability to define and implement new automation frameworks.
• Ability to interact both internally with the team and externally to our clients.
• Confident communicator that is able to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
• Ideally you will hold at least ISTQB Certification (Foundation) Level. ITIL foundation level, and ISTQB Certification (BCS Intermediate) Level (desirable).
• You’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work in an intensive, rapidly changing environment adopting a pragmatic approach to QA/Automation Testing within Agile development and other more traditional delivery methodologies.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.