Our CGI SDI team based in Gloucester has a strong Agile software engineering community that is growing in order to create innovative solutions to solve our clients’ business challenges. To maintain our momentum, we need to recruit a variety of developers with varied skill-sets and experience keen to work on leading edge solutions for our clients.
Working from our Gloucester office or on customer site, we help our clients with some of their most complex IT challenges. Our developers have the opportunity to construct some of the most unique and exciting software solutions within the industry. You can expect be involved in all stages of the project and system life-cycles.
Java Developer role
Essential experience and qualifications:
• Familiar with Agile approach and SE practices including Continuous Integration and DevOps
• Looks to build quality into the solution at every step with a focus for continually improving
• A positive attitude: There are unique challenges to our work. The requirements, the technologies and the problems we are solving can change at short notice. We need people who are pragmatic, who can adapt as situations evolve, who enjoy new experiences and always want to learn new things.
• An approachable personality: An open, collaborative and professional demeanour is essential. Many of our roles involve working directly with our clients. We need people we can trust to present themselves well. People who represent and will enhance the reputation of CGI.
• Operating Systems - We use: Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu) and Windows
• Technologies: JBoss, ActiveMQ / RabbitMQ, AJAX, NiFi, Hadoop, Apache Kafka, ELK Stack. Databases: Mongo, Oracle, MySQL.
• Tooling: Eclipse, Jenkins, Atlassian suite, Zephyr, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.