Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Location: Reading or Leatherhead
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
We have some exciting opportunities for Oracle Developers. We need junior, mid-level, senior, lead and consultant developers, based in our CGI Offices, working on a new and exciting project.
CGI is working on a new and innovative project overhaul a legacy Oracle HR system, including pay and pensions, transforming it into a cloud based service. The key objectives being; improving accessibility to services through modern interfaces, providing better Management Information (MI) and Analytics to support decision making and reducing the overall of cost of ownership.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working with the following tools:
• OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition incorporating OBIA (Oracle Business Intelligence Application)
• Oracle BI Publisher and, Oracle Data Visualisation for reporting
• ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) as the ETL tool
• Oracle Enterprise Data Quality Tools
• Oracle WebLogic Enterprise
As a future member of the team you will be working on the MI application, supported by data specialists, architects and other team members, carrying out a variety of activities to deliver the new MI system:
• Application installation and configuration
• Data Warehouse design and development
• Dimensional Modelling
• ETL design and development
• Data Loading
• Integration with other components such as security, Active Directory, etc.
• Support to developing automation tools
• Report migration
• Data Quality design and development
Training in the Oracle toolset and certification are likely to be provided.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A solid track record of development, including 2 in database related or MI delivery
• Strong generic MI design / development skills, or strong DB delivery plus some MI design or dev skills
• Proven delivery record
• Knowledge of working within a managed service environment
• Knowledge of at least 1 of the Oracle tools mentioned above or equivalent MI tools (e.g. Microsoft SSIS etc.)
• Knowledge working with automation for build / test / deployment e.g. Ansible, Git, Jenkins, etc.
• Knowledge working with Oracle Baseline Validation Tools
• Knowledge of working in an OVM or other VM environment
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.