Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world and get a direct stake in its success? We are looking to bring on board an experienced Infrastructure Architect to our office in Newtown St Boswells in the Scottish Borders. This role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, Development team, Business team and the PM’s. You will define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project. It’s a business critical role within our growing Scottish business unit.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
• Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
• Develop relationships with infrastructure product vendors.
• Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
• Apply appropriate technical standards.
• Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
• Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
• Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register.
• Coordinate plans and actions with project manager to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
• Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in a similar role
• Ability to communicate on proposals at an architectural level.
• Client facing experience with ability to present Infrastructure solutions to clients.
• Ability to review technical designs to ensure that the requirements are met.
• Capable of sharing knowledge at an architect level.
• Ability to identify, assess and mitigate technical and non-technical issues and risks.
• Experience of generating reliable cost estimates for infrastructure elements projects.
• Capacity and performance assessment experience
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.