Network Rail High Speed
Network Rail (High Speed) Ltd are contracted to maintain and manage the track, infrastructure and three main stations along the route from the channel tunnel to St Pancras. CGI were engaged to design and configure a solution to integrate legacy supply chain systems and processes within the Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) “Synergy” footprint already implemented within Network Rail. Synergy is a Network Railwide solution, delivered previously by CGI. It integrates and supports all their maintenance, renewals and new projects supply chains.
In order to ensure full compliance with their contractual maintenance commitments, Network Rail (High Speed) Ltd [NRHSL] held agreed levels of strategic spares at 18 locations throughout the length of the high speed route. These stocks were monitored, planned, consumed and replenished via a collection of disparate databases and spreadsheets. The goal for the transformation was, therefore, to implement a single, robust and integrated inventory management system, based on the existing Network Rail EBS estate.
CGI deployed functional consulting resource, supplemented by targeted technical expertise, to work with and guide NRHSL in the design and development of an EBS-based solution that fully meets the challenges.
Engaging with SMEs from across the NRHSL business, CGI conducted an extensive range of workshops to ensure that the proposed system solution fully supports the business processes and requirements, and that the users are familiar with the key system components.
CGI‟s solution moves the NRHSL supply chain operation platform from a disparate set of ad-hoc databases and spreadsheets on to a robust, integrated enterprise platform. This provides automation, quality and visibility, and these benefits:
- A single, integrated supply chain solution for NRHS, aligned with the broader Network Rail supply chain solution
- Best practice inventory management processes
- Accurate, low-effort maintenance of key inventory levels and locations
- Automated replenishment processes
- Automated and improved balance sheet reconciliation
- Improved operational information and visibility
- Platform for future enhancement including mobile computing and integration with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)