CGI Group Inc. (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) has developed its most comprehensive product and service offering through G-Cloud 4, to create a simpler approach to cloud procurement for government departments. CGI’s comprehensive and cohesive approach is designed to build greater confidence in cloud technologies through increased efficiency, flexibility, value and security.
G-Cloud continues to evolve by introducing new suppliers, technologies and delivery models. At the same time, it is enabling public sector agencies to buy and deploy cloud ICT services and solutions more cheaply and flexibly. It also offers the framework within which suppliers, such as CGI, can invest in building the cloud ICT services which are required to support public sector policy, strategy and digital transformation agendas.
CGI’s approach to G-cloud 4 is the result of continued dialogue with public sector organisations to understand their aims, the technology and services they require to help them achieve these aims, and how best to provide them. As well as understanding the objectives of public sector organisations, CGI has also been looking at how it can help bring SME innovation to market through its SME Accelerate programme.
Paula Sussex, Senior Vice-President Public Sector UK at CGI, said: “This iteration of the G-Cloud is very exciting as our more cohesive and comprehensive approach will enable us to offer excellent value to public sector organisations. CGI has invested significantly in G-Cloud 4 to ensure that we are able to deliver the services and products that public sector organisations need, in a way that will drive greater value for the sector and its citizens and in a way that is easy to understand.”
To support G-Cloud 4 CGI has made a number of investments to ensure its services are secure, flexible, and relevant to the public sector from the point of access through to service delivery:
- Secure Government Cloud – CGI’s new platform to provide the flexible and commercially attractive IaaS which underpin our secure PaaS and SaaS propositions.
- Cyber Security – CGI will offer a security healthchecks, Information Assurance and Securing the cloud consultancy as well as a managed security service to monitor network devices, host systems, endpoints and software services running within the cloud for internal and external threats.
- Mobility – fully managed secure tablet solutions which use CESG architecture to enable efficiencies from transformation of work patterns.
- Service Desk – CGI is the only supplier to possess five star accreditation from the Service Desk Institute as a result of its continued investment in training, tools and service capabilities.
- Service Integration and Management (SIAM) - enhanced service management capabilities to manage multi-sourced environments and provide seamless outcome based services to users.
- Open Source – In addition to the Open Source Digital Services Centre investment in Glasgow CGI’s Open Source application developer toolkits is now availble as a SaaS for use by government and G-Cloud suppliers.
- Software as a Service – CGI’s SaaS portfolio investment ranges from productivity and social collaboration platforms, to back office and complex electronic health care record services.
As well as looking to build confidence in G-Cloud procurement through technology and services, CGI has also reviewed how public sector organisations engage with the G-cloud. As a result, CGI has simplified its pricing structures making it easier to buy without long procurement processes and also created flexible pay-as-you-go systems that can result in significant savings. It is believed that greater transparency will help to drive competition and create a more open marketplace, while deployment times have been reduced to meet changing user demands more quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. is the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world. Approximately 68,000 professionals serve thousands of global clients from offices and delivery centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of services including high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, application development and maintenance, infrastructure management as well as a wide range of proprietary solutions. With annual revenue in excess of C$10 billion and an order backlog exceeding C$18 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Website: www.cgi.com
UK Head of External Communications
+44 (0)7771 815428