Becoming digital elevates cybersecurity as a top priority
While the top business priority across industries is once again to become digital to meet customer expectations, attention to security risk strengthens as the second most mentioned business priority (up 15%), and now is the top IT priority, reflecting the strong link between digital transformation and protecting the organisation.
In 2018, cybersecurity and regulation figure prominently among business and IT priorities, increasing in frequency across all industries.
- Globally, 75% of executives interviewed are focusing on employee training and awareness as the most common response in this area, followed by identifying critical assets for management and control (66%), and testing and verifying cyber response capabilities (64%).
- For IT priorities across industries and geographies, cybersecurity and other security risk jumps to the top of the list at 81%, up 16% year-over-year, followed by applying analytics at 76%, up 12%.
Data privacy impact and actions
- Globally, 51% of the executives interviewed rank the degree that data privacy laws/ regulations impact their organisation at 7 or more on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Changing policy and delegated authorities to govern and control data is a key privacy action being taken by executives we interviewed, in response to data protection and privacy regulation.
- Re-evaluating their data management approach (83%) is the top cybersecurity action executives interviewed are taking in response to data protection and privacy regulations.
Download the 2018 CGI Client Global Insights cybersecurity and data privacy summary infographic for additional trend information.
We also invite you to request a copy of our full report and to arrange a personal discussion with a CGI expert for further analysis and insights.
Also see the 2017 CGI Client Global Insights industry summaries.