Global delivery model
A best-fit global delivery model tailored to your business needs
CGI’s global delivery model helps drive down costs and speed up implementation of strategic initiatives, enabling you to compete and win in the global economy. At CGI, we invest to meet our clients' future challenges through a full-service portfolio and flexible delivery options that balance cost, quality and risk. Our best-fit delivery approach includes CGI's unique client proximity model that provides for local resources to deliver the quick response and local accountability required for success. Through these local teams, we offer onshore, nearshore and offshore options that include the skilled resources of 18,000 members in our global and local delivery centers, which operate under a common governance model that delivers consistent results.
Global delivery network
Click on the features of CGI’s global delivery network to learn more about our model and its main advantages.
Local and global presenceTab click to open
- Maintains onsite delivery of activities that benefit from client proximity
- Flexible, expandable support through a customized combination of the best resources from CGI onshore, nearshore and offshore centers
- Locally based support, quick response time and accountability through CGI’s business model, which prioritizes client proximity when the client’s operations require it
- Strategic approach to protect clients against cyber threats and provide solutions
- Global network of resources able to supply IT and business process skills at highly competitive prices
Customized solutionsTab click to open
With CGI’s governance model and approach our clients benefit from a personalized global delivery solution tailored to a range of factors, including the following:
CGI designs its service offering according to these parameters and tailors it to clients’ changing needs.
Stringent governance and quality standards Tab click to open
- Activities requiring client proximity continue to be carried out onsite
- Client-centered governance aligns roles and responsibilities and service levels and costs while creating lasting business value
- Coherent productivity tools and processes guarantee services are reliable and effective across our global delivery network
- Successful transition management through proven knowledge management and transfer methodologies to ensure knowledge retention
- Clear and comprehensive reporting provides transparency and allows clients to stay in control
Cost and value benefits Tab click to open
- Achieving financial goals without compromising client satisfaction, quality and security
- Maximizing productivity, flexibility, agility and effectiveness while reducing operational complexity
- Focusing on strategic growth rather than back-office operations
- Making the most of flexible contracts and commercial agreements
Global delivery services
Many large organizations around the world use CGI’s global delivery services for outsourcing services or for project-specific initiatives. Representative examples of our global delivery model in action include the following:
- Global financial services provider: To pursue growth and shore up its long-term viability, this institution called on CGI’s North American onshore and nearshore delivery centers to manage a global portfolio of functions centered on application development and maintenance, enabling it to drive down costs and expand its expertise.
- Major health insurer: To reduce response times, stabilize its systems and cut costs, this insurer asked CGI to take on responsibility for its application development and maintenance, support, production testing and deployment operations through a combination of services provided onshore, nearshore and offshore.
- Large telecommunications company: Working with several delivery centres onshore and offshore, CGI provides infrastructure and application maintenance services that have enabled this client to reduce costs considerably while maintaining best-in-class service levels.