- United Kingdom
- Financial services
- Oil and gas
- Public sector
- Retail and consumer goods
- Telecommunications and media
- Transport and logistics
Solution suite and services for Upstream
Technology advances are helping upstream leaders address a wide range of challenges, including fluctuating supply and demand, aging assets, a shortage of skilled workers, increased regulation, safety and security risks, environmental protection and more. At the same time, new and evolving technologies, including smart, digital, big data, mobile, cloud and others are creating greater opportunities to explore and exploit new reserves, compete for existing reserves, boost productivity and reduce costs.
CGI has developed a large portfolio of technology services and solutions that are driving improvements across the entire upstream exploration and production life cycle. We partner with upstream clients around the world to maximise their assets, output and profit through a combination of deep technology and upstream business expertise.
What we offer
CGI delivers multiple levels of service to the upstream oil and gas industry, such as:-
- Capital projects
- Subsurface and Wells support
- Reservoir management
- Field development
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Field data capture and Production process control
- Production Accounting
- Asset management
- Joint Venture operations
- Land and Royalty management
- Offshore crew logistics and workforce managements
- Satellite Services
- Back office outsourcing for oil companies
The applications we offer include our own intellectual property, as well as innovative solutions from our alliances with world-leading vendors. Our upstream experts understand the requirements, functions and challenges of each area and recommend the best technology solutions to drive transformation.
The value we deliver
CGI’s work with upstream clients across the globe delivers the following competitive advantages:
- Reduced exploration costs and time-to-first-oil using sophisticated data modeling and visualisation
- Optimised production using real-time production data to enable faster, better decision making
- Streamlined, automated and integrated business processes
- Implementation of smart and other profit-driving technologies
- System and data integration, creating a single view of operations and information
- Increased flexibility and agility in responding to market changes
- Greater compliance with safety, environmental and security regulations
CGI’s decades of global upstream experience, large pool of upstream experts, and end-to-end upstream services and solutions provide everything that’s needed to transform upstream operations and drive profitable growth. We have an extensive track record of success in working with international upstream companies around the world and have formed many long-term partnerships, demonstrating our ability to consistently deliver results.
Highlights of our work and capabilities include the following:
- CGI supports more than 1,000 applications in the exploration and production domain and is one of Shell’s key global application service providers.
- Our help desk for Statoil supports more than 26,000 users onshore and offshore with high levels of customer satisfaction.
CGI in Oil and Gas - Reaching new levels of efficiency and profitability
License2share – A trusted platform to share information between stakeholders during the life cycle of Oil and Gas licenses