- United Kingdom
- Financial services
- Oil and gas
- Public sector
- Retail and consumer goods
- Telecommunications and media
- Transport and logistics
- UTILITIES HOME
- CONTACT US
Enabling operational and service excellence for utilities
Utilities are facing unprecedented change, in terms of pace, scale, regulation and rising customer expectations. The need to continue to satisfy energy demand reliably and affordably, but also sustainably, is driving a revolution in the way the energy system operates.
The requirement for you to optimise the investment in, and operation of assets has never been greater and, in addition to this, the importance of new capabilities is growing. The progressive adoption of low carbon technologies, both on the supply side and beyond the meter through to deployment of intelligent devices within networks is driving the need for new business models around leveraging data, cyber security and connected devices are needed.
CGI has been at the heart of every major change in the British utilities sector since privatisation and this provides us with an unparalleled understanding of the markets in which we operate. This depth of experience allows us to quickly understand the challenges your business faces and partner with you to introduce the innovations that foster greater efficiency and enable growth.
CGI offers services and solutions across the electricity, downstream gas, and water and waste sectors.
Experience and expertise
- Partner to 8 of the 10 largest utilities in Europe and 8 of the 10 largest utilities in North America, working with more than 250 clients globally
- Designed, built and operate 12 of the 18 utilities market systems in the world today, including
- the UK BSC Settlement for ELEXON;
- the data systems at the heart of the DCC and
- the central market system for Market Operator Services Ltd (MOSL) to support the operation of the English water market when competition is introduced to non-household customers in April 2017.
- Long-term outsourcing relationships with clients such as ELEXON (UK), Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (UK), Northern Powergrid (UK), UK Power Networks (UK), EDP (Portugal, Spain, Brazil and USA), EDF (France) and GDFSuez (France)
‘Energy Flexibility: Transforming the Power System by 2030’
A special report on the value of a flexible power system, in association with Utility Week.
Energy Flexibility for Dummies
Your essential pocket guide to flexibility in the electricity system.